Thursday, June 11, 2015

Change of Place. Change of Pace. Change of Space

Been meaning to dust this off for a while...

It's been 3 years since I first moved into my Grandpa's basement, 2 years since I last posted, and 1 year since I left my Grandfather all together and came back to my family in Iowa. In the time I've been away from the blogosphere, my Grandpa sold the deer farm, moved into town, and started slowly chiseling his way through the antiques he refused to sell at auction. As for me, There wasn't so much of basement as there was a crawlspace, so I was able to use the computer from the comfort of the living room. After he got himself a cozy, in a one floor home in our small town's city limits, I felt that my purpose there was more or less fulfilled. When the only daily chore was doing tech support on his computer, I decided that I would use my new found freedom and move back in with my parents. :P Exactly 2 years after I left my home to help him, to boot. My mom says that *those* to years were my Mission, 2 prescribed years away from home for the purpose of maturing and becoming (though I would respectfully disagree). I miraculously was able to keep my Security job, transferring through the same company to the Roquette factory in hometown Keokuk.

As for my Family, my younger sister has just finished her Sophomore Year of high school. My younger brother got back from his mission in August of last year (over a year early, due to health reasons that I wont go into, but gosh darn it, he went) and has since started working at the same job as me. My mom and dad have stayed more or less the same. Some amount of tension shortly after I came back, but it got better. Dad still works at the automotive factory in town, but my Mom has *also* started working at Security, guarding the factory that my dad works. Funny how that works.

Anywho, It's been literally a year since I've even been in my Grandpa's basement, and in my time I've learned to cope at least somewhat with speaking to people online about the fannish things I'm into, plus the ever patient ear of my various family members. I recently wanted to take up blogging again, but I realized that the needs this blog fulfills are not the same ones that I have now. I also realized part of who I became in the 3 years I spent "growing up." I'm a guy who doesn't want to have to prove anything to anyone but myself. I'm a guy who is happy with getting by, doing the stuff I enjoy for myself. I like things, and have thoughts about things, and want to share those thoughts, but I don't have a drastically unique perspective. There's a hundred other guys in the same position as me who spout their ideas in a similar fashion. I don't want to be the "lone voice of reason" or claim any authority on anything. I just want to say whats on my mind because I enjoy talking about stuff I like. Because I'm just this Guy, you know? So, without further ado, I'd like to announce the forum on which I will be making all my posts from now on: www.readerofbarcode.blogspot.com
With my shiny new blog "I'm Just This Guy, You know?"

It will be much the same format; random thoughts of the day, long winded dissections of movies, games and shows that I have recently consumed and have become obsessed with, stuff that requires more visual demonstration than Facebook or Tumblr has the capacity for. (Plus I can do it from my phone). I'll keep this old blog around as an archive, but unless I end up moving back in with my grandpa, (which is highly unlikely, but still) I will have no reason to use that blog with that name. I really want to have something to look forward to in my irregular work days, so the opportunity to just vent about stuff on my mind is going to be an invaluable resource.

Thanks to all 10 of you who read my blog back in the day, and invite whoever's left to continue doing so.
See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment